5 Pax | 60 Minutes
- 600g boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 green onions, green and whites sliced + separated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 Ayam Brand coconut milk 330ml
- 2–3 tbsp fresh chopped coriander
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced (optional)
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Season each chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Melt butter with 1 Tablespoon of oil. When hot, add chicken cutlets and sauté until lightly golden, about 1-2 minutes per side. You want the chicken just lightly seared on the outside and not cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- To the same pan, add the remaining 1 Tablespoon of olive oil and cook the white parts of the green onions and garlic until just fragrant, about 30 seconds. Make sure not to burn the garlic.
- Stir in chicken stock, lime juice, lime zest, honey, and red pepper flakes. Simmer until reduced by half, about 3-4 minutes, while stirring and scraping to loosen browned bits from the bottom of the pan. If needed, reduce the heat so the mixture is at a simmer and not a boil.
- Stir in coconut milk and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Simmer until reduced and thickened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Return the chicken to pan and cook until the chicken is cooked through, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in green parts of green onions and coriander, and red thai chilies if using.