4-5 pax | 30 minutes
- 3 cups pandan water (blend 2 pandan leaves with warm water and strain)
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp lime water
- 1 can Ayam coconut milk superlight
Brown sugar syrup:
- 3 piece gula melaka
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 pandan leaf (knotted)
- 1 cup water
- Red kidney beans
- cream-style corn
- grass jelly
- Mix together pandan water, rice flour, corn flour, and lime water in a pot, and cook on medium heat until it makes a shiny thick paste. continuous stirring needed!
- Prepare a bowl with iced water. Then push the paste through a ladle with holes into the water to get the short noodle-like shape of the chendol. Alternatively, you could also put the paste in a piping bag with a very small opening and pipe the paste into the water individually.
- For the sugar syrup, combine the gula melaka, brown sugar, pandan leaf and water in a small pot and simmer until thick.
- If you have an ice shaver at home, shave some ice into a bowl, then pour the Ayam coconut milk superlight over it and top sugar syrup, chendol, and other preferred toppings you desire.
- If you don’t have an ice shaver, a powerful blender can also crush ice to smaller bits.