- 1 canned sardines in extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon chilli garlic sauce or toban djan (chilli bean sauce)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 spring onion (finely chopped)
- ½ nori sheet (torn into small piece)
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 serving cooked rice
- Drain the canned sardines and place them in a bowl. Add ginger, chilli sauce, soy sauce and spring onion, and mix to combine.
- Half fill a bowl with freshly cooked rice or warmed cooked rice, and cover it with the sardine mixture. Place nori and toasted sesame seeds on top, and enjoy.