2 Pax | 15 Minutes
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 1/2 onion (finely chopped)
- 125g bread crumbs (divided)
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 120ml milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cans Ayam Brand™ Saba Flakes in Olive oil (or chili saba if you want it more spicy)
- 30g butter (melted)
- Optional: grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Cut the bell peppers in half vertically and remove the stem, seeds, and white membrane.
- Boil the pepper shells in salted water for 5 minutes. Drain well.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the onion, 1/2 of the bread crumbs, beaten egg, milk, salt and pepper, lemon juice, and saba.
- Fill the pepper shells with the bread crumb mixture.
- Mix the melted butter with the remaining 1/2 cup bread crumbs; sprinkle over stuffed peppers. Place in a shallow baking dish and bake for 15 minutes. If desired, top with grated cheese 5 minutes before the peppers are finished baking.