Makes 6 servings
- 360 g sardines in chilli oil
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- pinch of salt
- 50 g panko breadcrumbs
- 50 g instant oats
- 50 g plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- Drain sardines and reserve the oil and chilli. Set aside.
- Mix chilli flakes, salt, oats and breadcrumbs.
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Lightly coat sardines in flour and dip into beaten egg then coat it with the breadcrumb mix.
- Arrange on the prepared tray and bake for 10 minutes or until crispy.
- Chop the chilli from the tin, mix with the mayonnaise and 2 tablespoons of the reserved oil. Season with a little salt.
- Serve the sardines with the mayonnaise and a lemon wedge.