Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time 10 mins
- 1 can Sardines in Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Chilli
- 4 slices white bread
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato, cut into large cubes
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- 50g butter or margarine
- Drain oil from sardines can into a pan and fry onions and tomatoes until lightly brown and fragrant.
- Add in cumin powder and sardines and fry for 2 minutes, season to taste with a little salt.
- Use a fork to mash up the mixture and add in butter or margarine. You can also use a food processor for this.
- Divide and spread mixture evenly among 4 slices of bread, top with half a slice of cheese and toast till brown and crisp to serve.