- 1 cup long grain rice
- water, as necessary
- 1/2 tube soft egg tofu, lightly fried
- 1 dried mushroom, soaked and sliced
- 1 tsp of AYAM™ Thick Soya Sauce
- 1 can of Ayam Brand™ Fried Mackerel in Black Beans
- Thin omelet from one egg, finely sliced
- 2 stalks spring onion, cut into 1/2 inch lengths
cooking in claypot
Cook rice in the clay pot with sufficient water. Normally 1 cup of rice will need 1.5 cups of water.
When the water is boiling, stir once and lower the heat.
When you can see holes on top of the rice, place in sliced mushrooms, the tofu and the black bean mackerel on top. Then add in the dark soya sauce over everything in the claypot.
Cover the pot until the rice is fully dry. Once dry, turn off the fire and let it rest on top of the stove for a
2 to 3 minutes
As a tip, you can cook the rice in a rice cooker before preparing the claypot.
Garnish with omelet and spring onions.